Now Hiring: Writer
Update: This position has been filled.
Savage Solutions is on the lookout for a Writer who can draw out each client’s story and share it with the world. (Well – not always the world. Just the people who matter most!) Writers at Savage work in harmony with our Strategists and Designers, chime in during project brainstorms, and build content that’s on-brand, thoughtful, and compelling. To apply, send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s what you’ll do:
– Develop blog posts, email campaigns, and web copy; add your words to WordPress (don’t worry, someone else does the photos)
– Develop content for packaging, direct mail pieces, and marketing collateral; partner with our designers to execute successfully
– Jump in during in company-wide brainstorms to make sure we’re producing amazing content
– Become an expert on our vertical markets through client interviews and independent research; ask the right questions to get all the details you need
– Conduct internal / external workshops to gather feedback
– Proofread our work to meet high standards for quality and accuracy
– Create and/or adopt a unique voice and personality for each client
– Keep an eye on the ever-changing trends in content marketing
Here’s what you’ve got:
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Strong listening skills; ability to apply what’s learned when writing content
– Laser-like focus on the minute details
– Very organized with an ability to hit deadlines for assigned work
– Able to deal with a frequently changing workload and concurrent projects
– Decent understanding of SEO and Google Analytics
– Hands-on experience with project management software, preferably Basecamp
– Familiarity with content management systems, particularly WordPress
– Bachelor’s degree in English or communications (or a related field)
– 2+ years experience as a writer; small agency experience is a bonus
Savage is a Milwaukee-based agency that provides brand, digital, and content strategy and execution for a broad portfolio of clients. We understand the value of ongoing career development and provide our employees with ample room to grow. In addition, Savage offers a casual work environment, monthly breakfasts, generous PTO, and health/dental insurance, as well as a sweet 401(k) plan.